Blueberry Cupcakes with Tangerine Buttercream
- 1 cup soy milk + 1 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup Earth Balance butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour, shifted
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Line a non-stick12 muffin pan with a dozen paper liners.
- Add lemon juice to the non-dairy milk, allow it to sit and curdle.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the paddle attachment, add softened butter and whip until fluffy and peaks forms.
- Add sugar and vanilla extract, and continue to beat until fluffy.
- Sift dry ingredients together into a bowl, and set aside.
- With the mixer set on low, begin adding the flour mixture 1/3 at a time, and alternate between adding soy milk/lemon juice mixture and flour mixture. Continue to mix until until all ingredients are well incorporated and smooth.
- Divide cupcake batter evenly among cupcake cups, Fill cups 3/4 of the way.
- Place cupcakes on the center rack at 350 degrees for 22-25 minutes, test with a toothpick inserted into the center a cupcake, when the toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean they are done.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool before frosting.
Tangerine Buttercream for Vegan Cupcakes:
- 1/2 cup of Earth Balance vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp Vanilla extract
- 3 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon (almond) non-dairy milk
- 1/2 cup of pecans
- 2 small tangerines
Directions for Frosting:
1. In a large mixing bowl, add the Earth Balance butter. Beat until fluffy.
2. Add the powdered sugar about 1/2 cup at a time, and tangerine juice a little at a time.
3. Add the pecans. If the buttercream is too thick, add a teaspoon at a time of almond milk until you get the desire consistency.–
Stop over and follow Earth Balance for more delicious recipes!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Earth Balance. The opinions and text are all mine.