I participated in Mom Blog Tour at the Summer Fancy Food Show on behalf of Wendy’s Bloggers and received Brooklyn Bean Roastery products and a @HamiltonBeach FlexBrew to facilitate my review. #MomBlogTourFF
Who’s ready for a double chocolate cake that’s moist, delicious and Oh – has a hint of coffee in the flavor? What cake could be better than a Coffee Chocolate Cake that’s topped with a delicious ganache frosting and loaded with even more chocolate chips on top. YUM!
Better yet, I used Brooklyn Bean Roastery Coffee in the recipe, this is a cool brand that I was introduced to this summer. When I say cool, I mean cool.
The people of Brooklyn have a style that is unique and diverse and they have adopted that style in their approach to coffee making. They understand that people have different tastes and preferences, which is why they offer a variety of roasts and flavors to suit every palate.
From crisp, flavorful, light blends to full flavor, extra bold roasts to decadent flavored coffees, and all with one-of-a-kind names and packaging that captures the Brooklyn flair.
Wait, you’re wondering about this cute coffee machine, aren’t you? Isn’t it the perfect, most adorable size ever? It’s called a FlexBrew and it’s made by Hamilton Beach. My favorite thing about it is that I can use a coffee mug or travel mug with it. It’s the best of both worlds! Plus, it’s compatible with all K-Cup’s like the Brooklyn Bean Roastery Coffee! WIN!
It has two different settings as well, regular or bold. The bold setting will increase the extraction for a more flavorful cup of coffee.
I found that my favorite coffee to drink from Brooklyn Bean Roastery is the Brooklyn Bridge Blend, it’s a medium roast with a delicious rich flavor. It worked perfectly in this Coffee Chocolate Cake recipe too!
How to Make Coffee Chocolate Cake
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 cup cold Brooklyn Bean Roastery coffee
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon cold Brooklyn Bean Roastery coffee
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips + extra for topping
- Heat the oven to 350F. Grease a 9″ baking cake pan and place a round piece of parchment paper in the bottom of the pan.
- In stand mixer, with the paddle attachment on, add mayonnaise, cold Brooklyn Bean Roastery coffee and vanilla. Beat until combined.
- Slowly, add the dry ingredients. Beat until smooth.
- Pour the cake batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove from the oven and let the cake cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Once the cake is cooled, make the ganache frosting.
- In heavy saucepan over medium heat add heavy cream, butter and Brooklyn Bean Roastery coffee just to boiling point.
- Remove from heat and add chocolate chips.
- Wait 30 seconds and stir with whisk until smooth. Spoon or pour sauce over cake.
- Top with Chocolate Chips
I’m thrilled to be bringing you this giveaway! Enter to win a prize pack that includes a Hamilton Beach FlexBrew and a Brooklyn Bean Roastery package of coffee! Enter the form below!
One winner per household, email address, or home address. If you have won this prize on another blog you are ineligible to win again. Winner must have a U.S.-based address to receive the prize.