I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for ACH Food Companies Inc. I received a promotional item as a thank-you for participating.
Summer is coming to and end but before my kids head back to school, we have a couple short vacations planned over the next month. One of the trips is to Wisconsin Dells with my husband’s family. We are all staying together in one cabin and we will be making our meals together or bringing goodies to share.
I decided to try a new recipe that I want to take as a dessert or goodie bar for everyone. These Cookies and Cream Cereal Bar Treats looked delicious and you can see how cooking from scratch really is easy too. I love that they have about four different kinds of chocolate in the bar, you really can’t go wrong with that type of recipe!
We will be on the go non stop on our little vacation, so these bars are perfect to pack in individual baggies and take along with us. They would also be great as school, lunch or after school snacks for kids as they head back.
Baking from scratch is a great way to get your kids in the kitchen with you and make memories together while you also make a delicious treat and easy recipes!
In this Cookies and Cream Cereal Bar Treats recipe we used five easy ingredients including Karo syrup. Karo syrup is a trusted product that has helped people create beautiful, delicious desserts for more than 100 years. It is the only widely distributed brand of corn syrup that contains 0 grams of high-fructose corn syrup.
How to Make Cookies and Cream Cereal Bar Treats
- Mazola® No Stick Cooking Spray
- 6 cups chocolate crispy rice cereal
- 2 cups crumbled chocolate sandwich cookies
- 1 cup Karo® Light Corn Syrup
- 1 package (12 ounces) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Optional toppings: chocolate cookie crumbs, mini chocolate chips, mini candy-coated milk chocolate pieces
- Spray 13 x 9-inch pan with cooking spray; set aside. Combine cereal and cookies in a large bowl.
- Combine corn syrup and chocolate chips in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until mixture just begins to boil. Remove from heat.
- Pour over cereal, stirring to coat completely. Pour into prepared pan; press firmly to level.
- Top with additional any of the optional toppings listed, if desired; pat into place. Cool and cut into bars. Store in air tight container for up to 2 days.
These Cookies and Cream Cereal Bar Treats took me about 10 minutes start to finish, I love quick recipes like this! They taste amazing too and we will be taking a couple batches along on our trip!