Hi friends, it’s Tara from Suburble again! I’ve brought with me a delicious and easy recipe for these awesome pesto mozzarella melts. They’re gorgeous, simple, and quick. Can you ask for anything more?
This recipe is one that I like to break out as an appy with friends or as a little nibble for the moms at play dates. Sometimes it’s nice to take a break from Goldfish crackers. Just sayin’!
I like to use a sharp cheese in this recipe. My favourite is goat mozzarella, because it’s extremely tangy. Other choices would be an aged chedder or even shaved parmesan.
This is a sure-fire crowd pleaser, and is easy to whip up!
- 1 loaf of French Bread, sliced
- 1 jar of green pesto
- 1 pkg of goat mozzarella
- 1 pkg of grape tomatoes
- 1 tsp of olive oil
- Put the oven to broil
- Put the French Bread onto a lined baking sheet
- Lightly cover the bread with olive oil
- Toast the bread in the oven until light brown
- Remove bread and top with a layer of pesto, grape tomatoes and mozzarella
- Place pan back into the oven and broil for appoximately 5 minutes (or until cheese is melted)
- Let your toasted beauties cool for a few minutes and then dig in!
This recipe is a simple and easy one, and can be whipped up in under 15 minutes. This is especially handy if your gathering is an impromptu one.
I must warn you, though: it’s hard to eat just one of these pretty little snacks. I have to slap my own hand away from them.
Don’t Miss Another Suburble Nibbly! Follow Along!