It’s Dee from Meatloaf and Melodrama, and I’m so excited to be sharing another favorite recipe with all of you! Right now, my family and I are totally loving everything pumpkin, from crafts to yummy treats. My kids would happily eat pumpkin muffins every day if they could, but as a mom, I have to limit the treats. So last week, I changed things up a little bit and whipped up this Pumpkin Alfredo with Sausage for dinner.
I have to admit that I’m not a big fan of Alfredo sauce, but adding pumpkin gives it an entirely different flavor and texture. Plus, it’s perfect for fall dinners. I used to buy the jarred sauce, but when I discovered how easy it is to make, I started making it from scratch. I also add Italian sausage, for a heartier dish. Since it’s nice out, my husband grilled the sausage while I was getting the pasta ready, and I just added it in at the end. This saved me a step and best of all, there was one less dish to wash!
While the pasta was cooking, I made the sauce. It doesn’t take long at all to get this creamy, pumpkin-colored shade.
When the sauce is done, just add the sliced sausage and then the cooked pasta, and gently mix it all together. I like to scoop out the fettuccine and add the pasta directly to the sauce. If the sauce seems too thick, you can add a little bit of the cooking water. A little extra Parmesan cheese at the end never hurt anybody!
The pasta absorbs a lot of the sauce, and the flavors all blend together — yum!Print
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- dash of salt
- 2 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon rosemary
- 4 Italian sausages, cooked and sliced
- 1 1/2 pounds of fettucine pasta
- Cook the sausage, slice and keep it warm
- Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water
- While pasta is cooking,add the olive oil and butter to a large pan
- Add garlic and salt, and cook the garlic on medium heat until tender
- Reduce heat to low and add the milk and cream, stirring gently
- Add the cheese, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and rosemary
- Stir until all ingredients are combined and heated through
- Add the cooked sausage
- When pasta is just al dente, remove from the pot and add to the sauce mixture
- Gently mix everything together and serve immediately
I hope you enjoy this Pumpkin Alfredo with Sausage as much as we did. Feel free to visit my blog at any time!