I love pasta with tomato sauce and Alfredo sauce, but I had never combined the two together until now.
The other night I made a delicious Tomato Alfredo Pasta dish that my family loved (including my boys)! It was so creamy and delicious, with amazing flavor, this is going to be a new go to easy recipe for our meatless meal nights.
How to make Tomato Alfredo Pasta
4 cups Tomato Sauce
1/4 cup chopped Basil
1 TBSP Butter
2 tsp Flour
3/4 cup whole milk
1/4 cup half & half
2 garlic cloves peeled and crushed
1 Cup Grated Parmesan
1/2 pound of pastaInstructions
- bring a large pot of water to boil for the pasta and cook according to instructions.
- while the pasta is cooking, make the alfredo sauce. melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. whisk in the flour until smooth and cook about 2 minutes, until brown.
- whisk in the milk, half & half, and garlic and season with salt & pepper. continuously whisking, bring to a simmer and cook about 2 minutes until thickened. fish out the garlic with a slotted spoon and discard.
- whisk in the parmesan. the sauce will be very thick, so add 1/3 cup of the hot pasta cooking water to the alfredo sauce to thin it out a bit. remove from heat.
- drain the pasta and add to the alfredo sauce.
- mix the basil into the tomato sauce and add the tomato sauce to the pasta. mix well.
I had the chance to use and review a NuWave2 Induction cook top and I used it for this recipe. It was extremely quick with cooking my pasta. I had it finished and ready to go in no time.
The NuWave2 was hot and ready to go in seconds, which cut down in the time that it took to make dinner.
Information from the website:
52 Temperature Settings
Boils Water in 90 Seconds
Precise Temperature Control
Advanced Safety Features
We recently purchased a cabin to use on the weekends and I think this will be a great way to do some of our cooking inside on rainy days.