Welcome to 2013!! I hope that everyone had a fabulous New Year’s Eve and New Year’s Day. My family and I had a quiet evening at home together playing video games, watching movies and eating lots of snack food.
One of our favorite appetizers that I made was Brown Sugar Bacon Wrapped Smokies. They are delicious and so easy to make, just be sure to make a lot because they go quickly!
All you need is Bacon, Smokies, butter and Brown Sugar.
I start by cutting my bacon into thirds.
Wrap each smokie in one third piece of bacon.
Fill a cake pan with the smokies.
Cover with brown sugar and tabs of butter.
Bake at 375 for 15 minutes, increase temp to 400 and bake for 5 more minutes.
Place in a crock pot on warm to keep them warm and ready during your party. Enjoy!Print
- 1 pound Bacon, Cut Into Thirds
- 1 pound Smokies
- 1 stick Butter
- 2 cups Brown Sugar
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Cut the bacon into thirds and wrap each smokie.
- Place all the wrapped smokies in a single layer in a baking dish.
- Then take the brown sugar and sprinkle evenly over the smokies as well as tabs of butter.
- Bake them for about 15-20 minutes and then turn the heat up to 400F for about 5 minutes or longer until the bacon becomes crisp