Do you love lemon? Or maybe you are looking for a lighter dessert for Easter or this spring and summer? These Easy Lemon Cake Bars are so simple to make and taste delicious!
Easy Lemon Cake Bars are made with a boxed cake mix, so there are very few ingredients involved.Print
- 1 (18.25 ounce) package lemon cake mix
- 1 small box of Lemon pudding
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Pour cake mix and pudding into a large bowl.
- Add the egg and oil; mix until well blended.
- Mixture will be slightly dry.
- Reserve one cup for the topping, and pat the rest into an ungreased 9×13 inch pan.
- Bake for 15 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese with the sugar and lemon juice until smooth.
- Spread the mixture evenly over the baked crust.
- Add Sprinkles.
- Crumble the reserved cake mix mixture over the top.
- Bake for an additional 15 minutes in the preheated oven, or until filling is set and the topping is lightly toasted.
- Cool before cutting into bars.
I have made several different Lemon recipes, lemon is really my favorite!