Who doesn’t love the smell of homemade bread baking? There is just something about that smell that makes my house feel warm and cozy. I have always loved making bread but over the last few weeks I have been trying out different recipes and I have found one that we love. It is a little sweet but so delicious!
- 1 cup warm water (sometimes I need more or less)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 egg
- 3½ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons yeast
- ½ cup honey or sugar
- Mix all ingredients together in mixer with dough blade until dough forms. It should be dry enough to not be sticky but wet enough to not crumble.
- Lift dough out of bowl, spray with olive oil (I spray the bowl) and place dough back in bowl covered with towel, allow to rise for 30-60 minutes.
- Knead with dough blade (will deflate).
- Remove from bowl, place dough on flowered surface and knead by hand a few times.
- Divide in half.
- Roll into 2 loaf shapes and place in loaf pans (mist pan with olive oil first).
- Cover and allow to rise (depends upon temp in room, but usually around 60 minutes – it should be slightly over the top edge of the pan, do not allow to over-rise).
- Bake at 350 for around 20-30 minutes or until golden brown on top. At around the 15 minute mark, I mist the top of the loaf with olive oil and continue cooking until done.
This bread recipe is perfect when you pair it with a soup like my Baked Potato Soup or it makes amazing sandwiches.
If you are new to making bread, I shared a really easy recipe for a Dutch Oven Bread that is really yummy!
Do you make homemade breads and rolls? What are your favorite recipes?