Are you as ready for summer as I am?
This winter has been long, cold and lots of snow her in Minnesota! So, last week I made this refreshing Strawberry Lemonade for a little party I had and it made me ready for summer, sun and the beach. There is no better drink on a hot summer day than a delicious homemade lemonade.
This Strawberry Lemonade Recipe is so simple to make and can be modified with other fruits that you love too. You could use Raspberry, Peach, Watermelon, or cherry.
You could also turn this into an alcoholic beverage by adding some vodka in. I love a good raspberry lemonade recipe, so I am trying it next. Do you have any lemonade recipes that you use all the time?
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup of water
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 4-6 cups cold water (this will vary depending on your taste)
- Make a simple syrup by combining the sugar with 1 cup of water in a saucepan. Place over medium heat and heat until the sugar in completely dissolved. Let cool.
- Once the simple syrup has cooled, puree strawberries in a blender with ½ cup water.
- In a large pitcher, combine strawberry puree, simple syrup and lemon juice.
- Add 4-6 cups of cold water. The amount of water you use will depend on your taste, so add as little or as much as you want to achieve your perfect sweet/tart balance.
- Serve over ice. If desired, garnish with fresh strawberries and lemon slices.
You may also like my recipe for these other drinks!