I have another delicious recipe to share with you today! I love ricotta cheese so finding new ricotta recipes to try is awesome. This Ricotta and Parmesan Spread recipe is so easy and works well as a snack, party appetizers, taking to potlucks or holidays. It is so quick and easy to make and transport by toasting your bread ahead of time and taking the spread in a nice bowl to serve. I have to be honest, I made it one morning and ate way too much for breakfast one day. What? You don’t eat cheese spread when you first get up? I may have a problem, I know.
I used the spread on a lightly toasted French bread that I had sliced into 1/2 inch thick pieces and I think it was perfect. You could also use fresh vegies.
- 1 15 – 16 – ounce container whole milk ricotta cheese
- 3 ounces Parmesan cheese, finely shredded (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon Garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- In a large mixing bowl, beat ricotta with an electric mixer on medium speed for 2 minutes.
- Add Parmesan.
- Beat until combined.
- Stir in basil, oregano, chives, salt, garlic, pepper and olive oil.
- Spoon spread into a serving bowl. Cover and chill for 1 hour or up to 12 hours.
You can find another appetizer recipe that I shared.