A simple Slow Cooker Baked Ziti meal that’s easy to make and full of all your favorite ingredients! Who knew that making pasta in the slow cooker could be so good?!
I don’t know if I’ve mentioned it, but I have a book that comes out November 14th of this year and it’s ALL Slow cooker recipes! We’re talking simple recipes too, a handful of ingredients and everything can be found easily at your local grocery store!
Even though we have the book coming out, we’re still creating and making more Slow cooker recipes to share with you now! Because we don’t want you to have to wait for simple meal ideas like this Slow Cooker Baked Ziti! Served with some garlic bread and a side salad, this is the perfect meal for a busy weeknight!
This is one of those recipes that you can change up slightly to make it the way you want, add some sausage or ground beef if you want more protein in it! Or add some veggies! The possibilities are endless!
How to Make Slow Cooker Baked Ziti
Ingredients You Need
- 2 cups slightly cooked pasta noodles
- 1.5 cups marinara sauce of your choice
- ⅓ cup water
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella, divided into 2 equal parts
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- ¼–⅓ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ tsp fresh minced garlic
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Cook pasta to slightly softened, drain, and set aside.
- While pasta is cooking mix your ricotta with ½ cup mozzarella cheese, and half of your basil leaves.
- Spray the inside of your cooker with nonstick, and then spread some marinara sauce out to cover the bottom.
- Add 1 cup pasta in a single layer, and top with more sauce.
- Drop dollops of ricotta mixture on top of that, along with more basil, and follow with a mozzarella layer.
- Repeat steps 3-5 a second time (marinara, pasta, ricotta, and then mozzarella)
- Cook on high for 2 hours, or until cheese is melted and pasta is soft.
- Serve sprinkled with more basil.