I have been baking my bacon in the oven for years now, ever since I went to a Pampered Chef party and the consultant told me how easy it was to bake on their stones. Sign me up please! I love bacon and wanted to find an easy and less messy way to make it.
In the summer, I look forward to eating my fair share of BLT’s with fresh tomatoes and LOTS of bacon but I dreaded making the bacon. It was so messy, it splattered every where and you really had to sit and babysit the pan so it wouldn’t end up burnt.
By baking your bacon, you don’t have to deal with any of that! I love it!
How to Make Bacon in the Oven
What you Need
- Baking Stone or you could use a cookie sheet covered in foil
- Step 1: Place the uncooked bacon on the stone. Place the bacon close together on the stone and try not to have it touching too much.
- Step 2: Place the stone/cookie sheet in a cold oven. Turn the oven to 400 degrees F. Set your timer for 15 minutes.
- Step 3. After the 15 minutes is up, check your bacon. If you like it more crispy or if you have thick slices of bacon, you may need to cook it for 5 more minutes.
- Step 4. When bacon is cooked to desired doneness, remove the stone from the oven. I like to put my bacon on a plate covered in paper towels to blot all the grease off.
I love making my bacon in the oven because it doesn’t splatter, the bacon doesn’t curl and and you don’t have to babysit the pan. You don’t even have to turn the bacon over when you bake it in the oven!
Have you ever tried making bacon this way? Once I started, I never went back to using a frying pan!
Other Posts You May Enjoy