Hello! My name is Michelle and I blog over at Our Three Peas. I love to share about our life with three crazy kids and how to balance them with everything else that is going on around us and reminding mothers of how important it is to laugh along the way! I love to share recipes, crafts, fitness tips and a whole bunch of funny real-life stories. Come and visit me on the blog, twitter, Facebook, or Pinterest! I am so looking forward to your visit!
Do you have picky eaters like me? It seems like the only kind of meat I can get them to eat is chicken, and in particular, chicken nuggets. BLAH! I get tired of it so I’m always looking for a new way to dress up homemade chicken tenders. Ages ago, I shared my recipe for Pretzel Covered Chicken. This time, I wanted to share another snack I use to bread my chicken with: Ritz Crackers! The Ritz add a buttery taste without having to add any butter at all! Breading the chicken in them helps keep them soft and juicy and also is a great way to use up some stale crackers you found 🙂
Crunchy Cracker Chicken
1 1/2 lbs boneless chicken tenders
1/4 c. flour
2 egg whites
1 t. water
1 sleeve Ritz crackers (I used whole wheat)
1/2 c. grated parmesan cheese
1 t. dried oregano
1 T. dried parsley dash of garlic salt and pepper
– Preheat oven to 425 degrees
– Trim the fat off the chicken and sprinkle with the garlic salt and pepper, set aside.
– In one bowl, mix the egg whites and water together. – In a second bowl, mixed the crushed crackers (either crush by hand or stick in a food processor), parm cheese, oregano and parsley.
– Line a cookie sheet with tin foil and spray it with a non-stick spray.
– Set up a dredging station and dip each chicken tender in the flour, then egg white mix and finally the cracker mix. Lay on the cookie sheet for baking.
– Bake at 425 degrees for 20 minutes or until the chicken reaches 165 degrees.
This chicken would make a great crunchy appetizer or as a main dish. We had this the other night with some corn on the cob and fresh green beans- yummy! Serve with a variety of dipping sauces for the kiddies..it makes it more fun 🙂