Do you love Bruschetta? If you do, you are going to love this Bruschetta Salad. It is the perfect combination of tomato, basil, mozzarella, and baguette. This is a easy recipe and a refreshing salad option that is full of flavor.
During the summer months there are so many fresh tomatoes, herbs and other vegetables available for us to create our favorite salads. I started thinking that turning Bruschetta into salad form would be the perfect summer salad option and a great way to use a bunch of your summer tomatoes.
Bruschetta Salad is a great side salad to take to any barbeque, potluck or just about any get together you might have. I promise it will be a hit and people will love it and ask you to share your recipe.
What are your favorite summer recipes that you make? I love easy recipes that I can make quick when we are busy. This recipe really fits that.
How to Make Bruschetta Salad
- 1 baguette, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¾ teaspoons salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1½ pounds tomatoes, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ red onion, thinly sliced and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 pound fresh mozzarella, cut into bite-sized pieces
- ⅔ cup fresh basil, chopped
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place baguette pieces in a large bowl. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons olive oil, ¼ teaspoon salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Spread bread cubes on a sheet pan and bake for 15-18 minutes or to desired degree of toastiness, stirring once. Set aside to cool.
- Combine ½ teaspoon salt, garlic, and balsamic vinegar in a small bowl. Gently whisk in ⅓ cup olive oil until combined. Set aside.
- Stir together bread cubes, tomatoes, onion, mozzarella and basil Pour balsamic vinaigrette over bread cube mixture and stir to coat. Allow the salad to sit 30 minutes before serving
This is a pretty easy salad to make! I hope you give it a try!
Other Recipes You Make Like