I love anything and everything lemon. I would pick a Lemon dessert over chocolate any day of the week, it’s my favorite! Ever since the first time my Mom made Lemon Bars back when I was a kid, I’ve been hooked on these tart little treats. I really haven’t made or shared too many lemon desserts so I decided to think up a couple options to share, which is really just a trick so that I can eat more lemon.
This Lemon Mousse is amazing, it is a little heavier than a traditional mousse but still delicious. You could even use it as a pie filling with a graham cracker crust, yum!
How to Make Lemon Mousse
1 1/2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
8 Ounces Cream Cheese, softened
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- In a large mixing bowl, using a mixer, beat whipping cream until it forms stiff peaks. Remove from bowl into another bowl and set aside.
- Place cream cheese and sugar into the same mixing bowl you used for the whipped and blend with mixer until it’s well mixed together
- Gradually pour in lemon juice while mixing until mixture is light and fluffy.
- Gently fold in reserved whipped cream until well combined.
- Pour into individual bowls and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. I used some yellow sprinkles on mine to make it a little fancier or you could even use a lemon drop on the top of slices of lemons to decorate.
There you go! Lemon Mousse you can eat with a spoon or use as a pie filling, it’s simple to make and delicious to eat!
Do you like Lemon? What type of desserts and recipes have you made? I’d love to find more ideas to try out myself! Be sure to check out our Desserts Board on Pinterest for more ideas!