Do you love chocolate chip cookies? I know that if I make a batch, at our house, they are gone in a day. I have three guys in my house but I don’t know that it matters. Chocolate chip cookies are one of those treats you can eat a dozen before you even realize it.
I decided to put a little spin on the normal Chocolate chip cookie recipe and make a S’more’s Chocolate chip cookie. They were pretty good, I think that they would have been even better if I had used the Mallow Bits (tiny marshmallows). My kids loved the cookie dough for the S’more Chocolate Chip cookies though, they would have eaten it all and not had cookies if I left it up to them.
These cookies taste pretty similar to S’mores, which makes me ready for summer and some campfires. The Minnesota winter has gotten to be a little bit too long this year and I am ready for some warm weather and sun.
Just a word of warning when making this S’more chocolate chip cookie recipe, the marshmallow does get melty and ooze out of the cookies some what. They still taste wonderful, but they may not be as “pretty” as you would like them to be.
- ½ Cup Butter, softened
- ½ Cup Shortening
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 2 cups marshmallows
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Stir in flour salt, baking soda, and chips. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
- Bake for about 8 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.
Here are a couple more cookie recipes you may enjoy!
What new recipes have you tried lately? I would love to hear about them!