Today is day 16 of our 20 days of Christmas cookies. To be honest, I am about ready to be done. I do a lot of baking for Christmas and I LOVE it! But, by this time every year, I’m ready to kick back and relax. Enjoying all the baked goods that have been made along with time with my family.
I am sharing a Peppermint Meringue Cookie today. I think these look a little intimidating but are honestly one of the easiest cookies to make. They are a light and fluffy cookie with the peppermint taste that reminds us of the holiday.Print
- 4 egg whites
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 3–4 peppermint candy canes – crushed
- Preheat oven to 225 degrees.
- Line 2 large baking sheets with foil or parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat egg whites, salt and cream of tarter to soft peaks. Add the sugar and continue to beat until the whites form stiff peaks.
- Using a spatula, transfer the mixture into a large ziploc style bag. Press out as much air as possible and seal the bag. Now cut off just a little bit of one lower (non zipper) corner of the bag. Carefully squeeze out some of the mixture in small swirls on the prepared baking sheets.
- Sprinkle the tops with the crushed candy canes.
- Bake for 1.5 hours. They should be completely dry on the inside when they’re done.
- Once they’re done, turn off the oven and allow them to cool in the oven with the door propped a bit open.
- When they’re completely cooled, you should be able to pop them right off the foil with your fingers.
Be sure to check out all of the Cookies and Treats that have been shared so far!
Day 1: Caramel Crispix
Day 2: Walnut Pie Bars
Day3: Cathedral Window Cookies
Day:4 Sprinkle Cookies
Day 5: Homemade Caramels
Day 6: Peppermint Cookies
Day 7: Chocolate Star Cookies
Day 8: Sugar Cookie Chex Mix
Day 9: English Toffee
Day 10: Santa Hat Chex Mix
Day 11: Peanut Butter Crispy
Day 12: Skor Bars
Day 13: Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Day 15: Peanut Butter Balls