Merry Christmas Eve! This is our last recipe for the holidays and actually it is my very favorite! White Chocolate Cherry Shortbread Cookies. These cookies are delicious!
Enjoy this last recipe and be sure to check out all the recipes we have had over the month! The links are below.
I hope you have a very Merry Christmas! Enjoy your friends and family!Print
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, drained and finely chopped
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup cold butter
- 12 ounces white chocolate baking squares with cocoa butter, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 2 teaspoons shortening
- White nonpareils and/or red edible glitter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Spread cherries on paper towels to drain well.
- In a large bowl, combine flour and sugar. Using a pastry blender, cut in the butter until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Stir in drained cherries and 4 ounces (2/3 cup) of the chopped chocolate. Stir in almond extract and, if desired, food coloring. Knead mixture until it forms a smooth ball.
- Shape dough into 3/4-inch balls. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Using the bottom of a drinking glass dipped in sugar, flatten balls to 1-1/2-inch rounds.
- Bake in preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until centers are set. Cool for 1 minute on cookie sheet. Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let cool.
- In a small saucepan, combine remaining 8 ounces white chocolate and the shortening. Cook and stir over low heat until melted. Dip half of each cookie into chocolate, allowing excess to drip off. If desired, roll dipped edge in nonpareils and/or edible glitter. Place cookies on waxed paper until chocolate is set. Makes about 60.
Day 1: Caramel Crispix
Day 2: Walnut Pie Bars
Day3: Cathedral Window Cookies
Day:4 Sprinkle Cookies
Day 5: Homemade Caramels
Day 6: Peppermint Cookies
Day 7: Chocolate Star Cookies
Day 8: Sugar Cookie Chex Mix
Day 9: English Toffee
Day 10: Santa Hat Chex Mix
Day 11: Peanut Butter Crispy
Day 12: Skor Bars
Day 13: Mint Chocolate Chip Cookies
Day 15: Peanut Butter Balls
Day 16: Peppermint Meringue Cookies
Day 17: Sugar Cookies
Day 19: Dipped Pretzels